Geeklog for Scripts Publisher's description
Geeklog is a PHP/MySQL based application for managing dynamic web content.
Geeklog is a weblog powered by PHP and MySQL.
It allows you within minutes to set up a fully functioning dynamic website, and has many features to get you started. As of Geeklog 1.4, these features are:
- User-system, allowing members of the public to register for your site and submit stories.
- Comment system, allowing users to comment on posts made to your site.
- Block system, allowing you to put information anywhere on your site.
- Plugin system that allows you to extend Geeklog, without having to code any new PHP.
- Theme system that allows users to select what layout they want to view.
- Excellent security model that allows you to give users control over certain aspects of the site with no need to worry.
- Site Statistics that show you the most popular areas of your site.
- Link system that allows users to add links to the site.
- Calendar System that lets you and your user add up-and-coming events.
- Allow users to email stories to their friends.
Changes in 1.5.0 version:
- OpenID support: You can now allow users to log into your site using an OpenID, so that they don't need to create a new account with your site but still get all the benefits of a normal registered user.
- New LDAP remote authentication module.
- The Links plugin now has hierarchical (sub-)categories.
- Updated FCKeditor to version 2.6.
- Rewrite of the underlying story code. Amongst other things, this should finally resolve all outstanding issues with the handling of special characters, HTML entities, etc. in stories. Also introduces a new [raw] tag as an inline complement to [code] when you want to post pieces of code (e.g. HTML) "as is", so that they are not interpreted.
- Comments can now be closed, i.e. existing comments will still be displayed but no new comment can be posted.
- The Polls plugin now allows for multiple questions per poll.
- The Static Pages plugin now supports comments.
- The database backup admin panel now lets you delete and download backups.
- The default Professional theme is now HTML 4.01 Strict compliant. Geeklog now also supports XHTML (given an XHTML compliant theme).
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall