CMS4P for Scripts Publisher's description
CMS4P is a content management system (CMS) for the Phprojekt groupware suite.
It is a content management system (CMS) for the Phprojekt groupware suite. It allows users to easily submit/publish and edit articles in your intranet, share files, make comments and rate the content.
The Content Management module for Phprojekt enables your organization increase the productivity while reducing the cost of communication by:
Enabling users to create, edit and publish content; anywhere, anytime.
Using a simple web browser, your users can write articles and share files without any previous HTML knowledge, without having to install anything extra on their computers. And they don't have to be on the same LAN, they can be anywhere in the world.
Lowering the costs of ownership.
Now you don't have to train your users or contract HTML coders to publish the content; anybody who can use a browser can publish content. In addition, the Content Management module for Phprojekt is a multiplatform development; you can install it and use it in the same platforms, same web servers and same SQL back-ends than Phprojekt.
Accelerating reaction times and improving accuracy.
No more webmaster bottleneck. With the Content Management module your users can react faster as they change the content directly, without assistance of a central person/department. Direct, faster with lower transaction costs. Your data is back into the hands of the authors/creators.
Reducing the costs of integration with the Phprojekt groupware suit.
You already have an excellent groupware suit. When integrating other CMS solutions to your Phprojekt you can spend lot of time, lot of money. With the Content Management module for Phprojekt you are ready in a matter of minutes. Use the same users and same user groups; just one logon. Forget the integration hassles.
Providing the right information to the right users.
Other CMS solutions have a flat access policy: everybody can see everything. By providing access by group and privileges by role, the Content Management module for Phprojekt let users control what groups can have access to their information; effectively increasing security, keeping privacy and reducing information overload.
- Pages are grouped in a directory-based fashion. One page = one directory.
- Content of pages is stored in the database; files of the page (documents, images, etc) are stored in the page's directory.
- Most users find the hierarchical structure very natural and easy to navigate; much more predictable model than grids and webs.
- Most colors and font types are controlled from a CSS file.
- Multilingual support. Spanish, English, Dutch (partial) German (partial), French (partial), Catalan and Brazilian Portuguese strings are included, but more can be easily added.
- Can get syndicated RSS news (currently you need to edit the display.php file and you can only have news boxes in the homepage).
- Documented source code and basic design documentation included.
- Flexible control of permissions.
- Only the superuser can create first-level directories, but subdirectories can be created/modified by other users with permissions.
- You can define permissions with a permission/restriction matrix, defining what users can do according to their status/role in several operations. By default the possible roles/status are: Superuser, Administrator, Administrator and member the Viewer group, member of the Viewer group, Owner. By default the possible operations are: Create, Delete, Edit, View and Post Comment/Rate content.
- User comments are not editable.
- Easy of use.
- Pages can be edited using a simple form, and you can set font styles, links, images, albums, files listings, pages listings, etc., using a Wiki-derived markup. Also your users can enter HTML code directly or, for visual-oriented people, with a WYSIWYG editor.
- Files can be uploaded through a very simple form-based file manager.
- Automatic photo albums, file listings and index pages. The CMS module can generate automatic albums from uploaded images, automatic file listings to share files and automatic index pages (index of the the lower-level pages).
- Users can post comments using also the simple Wiki-derived markup.
- Users can rate the content of every page.
- It can be used with a simple web browser, using any platform.
- Integrated with Phprojekt.
- It uses the Phprojekt database and routines (so it can be used with mySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Interbase, Informix, etc).
- Tested in Linux (apache php postgresql/mysql) and Windows (IIS php-isapi MS-sql). It should work with any other platform supported by PHP.
- Full-text search facility.
- Simple Page Total-hits, Page Hits-since-update and File-Downloads statistics.
- Simple to install.
- Open source. Released under the GPL license.
System Requirements:В· Phprojekt (versions 3.3, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2).
В· PHP 4.1.x or higher.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall