IMP Webmail Client Publisher's description
from The Horde Project
IMP Webmail Client is a set of PHP scripts that implement an IMAP based webmail system.
IMP is a set of PHP scripts that implement an IMAP based webmail system. Assuming you have an account on a server that supports IMAP, you can use an installation of IMP to check your mail from anywhere that you have web access.
It is written in PHP and provides webmail access to IMAP and POP3 accounts.
There are several current branches of IMP. IMP 4.1.x is the current production version of the stable branch. It requires PHP 4.3.0 and version 3.x of the Horde framework. It adds new features like crypting support, flexible charset handling, virtual folders for saved searches, a WYSIWYG editor for creating HTML messages, improved MIME message handling, and many more.
IMP 3.2.8 is the latest production version of the previous stable branch. It requires PHP 4.1.0 and version 2.0 of the Horde framework. It adds advanced features such as searching multiple mailboxes, identities, and a hierarchical mailbox navigator, as well as a cleaner, redesigned user interface. As with IMP 2.2 before it, it passes the "MIME Torture Test" that UW makes available.
- Spell checking
- Mail filtering (must install ingo module)
- Message searching
- Many Mime viewers (over ?)
- Encrypting, signing, decrypting and verifying of signed and encrypted messages (PGP/GPG and S/MIME)
- robust/comprehensive/easy-to-use UI
- Full charset support in folders, mailbox, message and compose views
- Mail folders in the left menu
- Preview of attachments in compose view
- Send attachments as links
- Option to not save attachments with sent mail
- Navigation through message and mailbox views with arrow keys
- View all messages of a thread
- HTML message composition with a cross-browser WYSIWIG editor
- Fetching mails from other email accounts to view with IMP
- Message previews in mailbox view
- Management of shared IMAP folders
- Priority settings for composed messages
- User management for supported IMAP servers
- Integrated quota support
- Support for mailing list headers
- Ability to forward multiple messages at once
- Downloading of all attachments from a message as a single ZIP file
- Stripping individual attachments from messages
- Alias and "tied to" addresses in user identities
- Graphical emoticons and country flags in message view
- IMAP mailbox subscription support
- Available in many languages
System Requirements:В· PHP 4.3.0 or later
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only