PHPOpenChat (Scripts) Publisher's description
from PHP Open Chat
PHPOpenChat is a high performance php-based chat server software for a live chat-room or module on every php CMS.
PHPOpenChat is a high performance php-based chat server software for a live chat-room or -module on every php-based site.
The first version has been developed for a live-chat-subproject of the main german education portal (DBS) called "SchulWeb".
The PHPOpenChat have had to manage alot of users, around 100-150 concurrent chatters, the most behind firewalls and in front of old computers. Based on this experiences, we developed the version 3 of our free chat-server completely new from scratch.
At this time you can integrate this chat software into postnuke, phpbb, yabbse, etc. as a module.
- multilanguage support - you can have a community with a crossfire of languages, but all members can get her interface in her native tongue.
- unlimited number of channels
- private channels - each chatter gets his own private channel automatically and has the posibility to invite someone.
- moderation - You can turn each channel to a moderated one. In this case,
- each line must be enabled by the moderator to be readable by the normal chatters and by a special guest, if there is one.
- lines from the special guest or the moderator are directly readable.
- password protected channels- you can set a password for each channel.
- maximum number of chatters - you can limit the number of users for each channel to a desired value.
- user groups - the chat comes with four user groups:
- operators of chat. this chatters can kick and ban users.
- VIPs (in moderated channels)
- moderators (in moderated channels)
- chat in a separate window - users can chat with each other within a separate window beneath the standard chat interface.
- chat mail
- new line alerts per sound or message - each chatter can configure the chat so that he gets an sound or message if there is a new line posted to him.
- different themes - each chatter can change the design.
- IRC-style commands
- /locate nickname to find a chatter
- /nickname to speak to a chatter
- /me is replaced by your own nick
- /msg nickname to whisper to a chatter
- /join channel name to change the channel
- /help to get help
- URLs, email addresses, and links are automatically transformed to a link in the text frame
- possibility to ignore chatters
- streaming text - No flickering and no permanently refreshing text.
- switchable smooth autoscrolling
- List of friends
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only