Small Axe Weblog (Scripts) Publisher's description
from SourceForge, Inc.
Small Axe Weblog makes setting up your own weblog easy.
The Small Axe Weblog makes setting up your own weblog easy. Unlike some of the most popular weblog tools, Small Axe is designed to be simple and easy to read, so a new developer or even an experienced one can immediately begin creating their own custom application upon it.
The motivation behind the creation of the Small Axe Weblog was to merge the best of current weblog software with the simplicity of other Small Axe applications. This simple, powerful tool can have you running in minutes.
Some of the features of Small Axe include:
- Friendly URLs without advanced server setup or modules
- Built in administration
- Built in RSS and Atom XML feeds used for site syndication
- An API for remote posting from sites like digg.com.
- A "tagging" system to label your entries
- A proven system for getting your entries to rise in popular search engines.
- HTML templates for easy customization, even by those who donвЂ™t know any PHP.
- Separate stylesheets, in order to better control the user interface without going into any complex code.
- Flexible interface that supports multiple databases and backends including flatfiles and SQLite.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only