PHP_SMB (Scripts) Publisher's description
from SourceForge, Inc.
PHP_SMB is an extension for PHP written in C built on SMB validating library to authenticate users against SMB servers.
PHP_SMB is an extension for PHP written in C built on smbval (SMB validating library) to authenticate users against SMB servers.
The server and backup parameters specify the primary and backup domain controller; but in fact, this can be any machine (even SAMBA) which can handle authentication on port 139.
You should make sure the machines name has a proper DNS entry.
If you want to specify a server and a domain but no backup server just pass an empty string. The default domain when not passed is WORKGROUP.
The return value can be one of these defined constants:
- (bool)true - user validated successfully
- SMB_ERROR_LOGON - wrong username/password or user doesn't exist
- SMB_ERROR_PROTOCOL - error while communicating with the server
- SMB_ERROR_CONNECT - no connection could be established
- SMB_ERROR_UNKNOWN - you'll rarely see this one ...
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only