PIVlab - time-resolved particle image velocimetry (PIV) tool (Scripts) Publisher's description
from W Thielicke
PIVlab is a time-resolved particle image velocimetry (PIV) software that does not only calculate the velocity distribution within particle image pairs, but can also be used to derive, display and export multiple parameters of the flow pattern
PIVlab is a time-resolved particle image velocimetry (PIV) software that does not only calculate the velocity distribution within particle image pairs, but can also be used to derive, display and export multiple parameters of the flow pattern. A user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI) makes PIV analyses and data post-processing fast and efficient.
Screen-capture video of the tool:
Example analyses & videos can be found on the PIVlab website:
* completely GUI based PIV tool
* multi-pass window deformation technique
* import bmp/ tiff/ jpeg image pairs/ series
* image sequencing styles A-B, C-D, ... or A-B, B-C, ...
* individual image masking and region of interest (ROI) selection
* image pre-processing (contrast enhancement, highpass, intensity capping)
* two different sub-pixel estimators
* multiple vector validation methods
* magnitude/ vorticity/ divergence/ shear / ...
* data smoothing, vector field highpass
* multiple colormaps
* extensive data extraction tools/ integration via poly lines/ circles/ area
* statistics (histograms, scatterplot, mean & stdev)
* precise particle image pair generation with user-defined parameters and several flow simulations (synthetic PIV image generator)
* data export (matlab, ascii, movie file, image, ...)
* main features accessible via comand line scripting
In addition to the acknowledgements to MATLAB fex submissions, we would like to acknowledge Uri Shavit, Roi Gurka & Alex Liberzon for sharing their code for 3-point gaussian sub-pixel estimation ( http://www.openpiv.net ). Thanks to Raffel et al. for writing the book "Particle Image Velocimetry, A Practical Guide", which was a very good help.
See the file "thirdparty.txt" in the zip archive for licenses and references.
If you use our work, please leave a comment and a rating.
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.1.0 (R14SP3)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall