Chess with Greedy Edi Publisher's description
from Wolfgang Garn
Chess with Greedy Edi - Play chess against "Greedy Edi".
1. extract zip file
2. change current directory to the new "chess" directory
3. Run "Chess" (optionally for text figures run Chess(2))
Some help ...
a) How to move the chess figures ...
1. Position the mouse over the figure you like to move
2. Press the mouse button and keep it pressed
3. Move the mouse over the desired field and relase the mouse button
b) How to play chess ...
If you don't know anything about chess. I have included a little chess tutorial (ChessTutorial.pdf).
c) Help about the functions
If you like to change the program or if you like to know more about the implementation, then check out the html folder for help descriptions on the functions. The "index.html" file gives an overview of all the functions used.
What I still intend to do...
- let "Greedy Edi" realize, when he is checked, that he can do something else beside running away.
Additional Edi characters
a) Careful Edi ... which looks out, whether he will be eaten
b) Happy Edi ... looking tow and a half move ahead
c) Smart Edi ... knowing strategy, tricks and learning on its own
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.9 (2009b)
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only