Using MATLAB(R) and the Statistics ToolboxTM for Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Dan Doherty
These are the M-files that accompany the webinar titled "Using MATLABВ® and the Statistics Toolboxв„ў for Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)."
These are the M-files that accompany the webinar titled "Using MATLABВ® and the Statistics Toolboxв„ў for Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)." The recorded webinar will be available for viewing on the week of November 28, 2005:
This demo shows how to use MATLAB and the Statistics and Optimization Toolboxes to improve the design of an automobile's engine cooling fan using DFSS methodology. Some of the analysis includes:
- Assessing the performance of the initial design
- Designing experiments to investigate factors that influence performance
- Mathematically modeling the impact of these factors
- Selecting factor settings that optimize performance
- Running Monte Carlo simulations to forecast performance variability
- Controlling the processes to maintain improvements gained with new design
To run this demo, execute Fandemo.m in cell execution mode.
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.1.0 (R14SP3)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall