The Waveform Suite for MATLAB (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Celso Reyes
The waveform suite is designed to allow easy data retrieval from a variety of sources and to make basic waveform research quick and easy.
The waveform suite is designed to allow easy data retrieval from a variety of sources and to make basic waveform research quick and easy. It is a toolset that allows the creation of more sophisticated programs without having to be concerned with all details. Features include:
* History feature tracks changes to your waveforms
* Plotting tools for waveforms
* Waveforms work for any regularly sampled data stream
* Mathematical functions make manipulating easier: +, -, /, .*, .^
* Standard manipulations: filter, crop, subset, subset, stack, normalize, automatic gain control, demean, detrend, taper, etc.
* Statistics: max, min, mean, median, etc.
* Waveform operations: hilbert transform, integration and differentiation
* Operates N-dimensional waveforms (in most cases without requiring loops)
* Object architecture provides a stable base for writing more complex programs
Data can be imported from Antelope databases (via the BRTT Antelope toolbox), Winston databases, SAC files, SEISAN, .mat files, or your own homegrown file format. With minimal coding, most any homegrown MATLAB format can take advantage of waveform architecture. The core suite consists of a scnlobject class, a datasource class, and the waveform class.
Two basic additional utility classes come with the waveform toolbox: filterobject and spectralobject. Filterobject allows easy filtering. Spectralobject allows easy manipulation of parameters used to create spectrograms.
The waveform suite:
* makes playing with data easier by automating the tedious aspects of data manipulation
* makes programs more stable by ensuring proper data typing
* makes code more portable by reading multiple formats and functioning on multiple systems
* makes troubleshooting faster by providing more detailed messages and warnings
Additional information can be found from the online examples and help files at:
The Waveform Suite and related codes can also be discussed at:
As always, Comments are welcome, as are reviews and bug reports. Thanks!
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.1.0 (R14SP3)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall