Simlation Software for Self-assembly of Polymer Blends (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Yingrui Shang
This is a MATLAB program for simulation of polymer blend self-assembly with nano-scaled features.
This is a MATLAB program for simulation of polymer blend self-assembly with nano-scaled features. The Cahn-Hilliard equation is
implemented to calculate the free energy profile of the polymer blends during spinodal decomposition on a heterogeneously functionalized substrate. The Flory-Huggins type of energy is used to estimate the local free energy. The program is capable of quantitatively simulate the phase separation of polymer blends. The effects such as the substrate functionalization, solvent evaporation, and polymer materials properties are included in the program. The program can estimate the model parameters from the real experimental processing parameters and the material properties. The simulation results can be evaluated quantitatively and compared with the experimental results with analysis tools included in the program.
* Download the package
* Unpack the zip file to hard drive
* Start MATLAB
* "cd" to the program folder (which contains the gui.m file)
* Make sure the program folder and all the subfolders are added to the MATLAB path
* Type "gui" or "gui_resizable" in the MATLAB command window to start the main application
The distribution package contains all the m code and instructions for the application:
For license information, please see LICENSE.txt
To learn about the authors of this software, see AUTHORS.txt
For detailed instruction, please refer to manual.pdf
This program is distributed under the BSD (http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html) licence. If you
use this program to do productive scientific research that leads to
publication, we ask that you acknowledge use of the program by citing the following paper in your publication:
* Yingrui Shang and David Kazmer, A MATLAB Program for Quantitative Simulation of Self-assembly of Polymer Blend Films with Nano-scaled Features, ArXiv: 1007.1254 (2010). http://arxiv.org/abs/1007.1254
Copyright (c) 2010, Trustees of University of Massachusetts at Lowell. All rights reserved.
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.6 (R2008a)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall