Real-Time Pacer for Simulink (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Gautam Vallabha
The RealTime Pacer block slows down ("paces") simulation time so that it synchronizes with real elapsed time
The RealTime Pacer block slows down ("paces") simulation time so that it synchronizes with real elapsed time. The degree of slowdown is controllable via a Speedup parameter.
1) The block is implemented using an M S-function, so it works on any supported Simulink platform. It does not support code generation.
2) The block uses the MATLAB PAUSE function to slow down the simulation. The PAUSE command gives up the processor during the pause, so system performance does not degrade.
3) The M-S function illustrates how to use nested functions to simplify the code.
The matching between simulation time and elapsed real time is approximate, with expected differences on the order of 10 to 30 milliseconds. This limitation is due to difficulties of precise timing with a multitasking operating system.
RELATED FX ENTRIES
The following FX entries also implement "real time" functionality for Simulink. They are based on C S-functions and therefore support code generation.
* Simulink Real Time Execution (Real-Time Slower) (Filex# 21908)
* Real-Time Blockset 7.1 for Simulink (Filex# 3175)
* RTsync Blockset (Filex# 24975)
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.7 (R2008b)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall