Quantitative High-Throughput Gene Expression Imaging (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Sam Roberts
The script flyexdemo.m uses the Image Processing and Curve Fitting Toolboxes to process an image of a Drosophila Embryo, stained with fluorescently tagged antibodies that bind to the products of an individual gene
The collection includes several files.
1. The script flyexdemo.m uses the Image Processing and Curve Fitting Toolboxes to process an image of a Drosophila Embryo, stained with fluorescently tagged antibodies that bind to the products of an individual gene. The genes whose products are stained in these images are related to the processes that begin to segment the fly embryo into different sections.
2. The folder html contains a published HTML version of flyexdemo.m.
3. The file flyproc.m is version of the algorithm in flexdemo.m. All graphical output has been removed, and the script has been converted to a function that accepts as input the filename of a Drosophila image, and returns a rotated, cropped image, along with curves fit to the red, green and blue channels. flyproc.m is called by localflyexdemo.m and dctflyexdemo.m.
4. The files localflyexdemo.m and dctflyexdemo.m are scripts that batch-process a number of images using flyproc.m. localflyexdemo.m carries this out on the local computer, dctflyexdemo.m carries out the same operation on a cluster using the Distributed Computing Toolbox. It is instructive to compare the structure of these files to see how to simply convert a batch script into a distributed batch script.
5. The directory reportgen contains a .rpt file that can be used with the MATLAB Report Generator to process the images on a cluster, and automatically generate a PDF report of the results.
All images courtesy of the FlyEx Database, http://flyex.ams.sunysb.edu/flyex and http://urchin.spbcas.ru/flyex://http://flyex.ams.sunysb.edu/flyex a...spbcas.ru/flyex. Used by permission
System Requirements:MATLAB 7.3 (R2006b)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall