a Coriolis tutorial (Scripts) Publisher's description
from James Price
Five scripts that demonstrate some aspects of the dynamics of rotating reference frames
Five scripts that demonstrate some aspects of the dynamics of rotating reference frames:
1) rotation.m shows a very simple 3-d trajectory from inertial and rotating reference frames.
2) Coriolis.m simulates a 2-d trajectory in a rotating frame that omits the centrifugal force. This allows several different initial condtions that illustrate balanced and unbalanced motions.
3) Coriolis_forced.m, as above, but with an imposed radial force.
4) partslope.m simulates a dense particle released onto a sloping sea floor. It adjusts to gravity, rotation and friction.
5) geoadjPE.m is a single layer fluid model of geostrophic adjustment.
aCt.pdf is a manuscript describing the kinematics of rotating reference frames, and is the motivation for these scripts. Please check with the author for an up to date reference.
Jim Price, June, 2004.
System Requirements:MATLAB 6.5 (R13)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall