Binary Conversion Methods (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Stephen Faul
Five methods for converting a signal to a binary representation
Five methods for converting a signal to a binary representation. Methods outlined in Arthur Petrosian, "Kolmogorov Complexity of finite sequences and recognition of different preictal eeg patterns".
1. average method: sample assigned 1 if above the signal average
2. modified zone method: sample assigned 1 if outside average plus or minus standard deviation
3. differential method: sample assigned 1 if the difference between 2 consecutive samples is positive
4. zone differential method: samples assigned 1 if the difference between consecutive samples is greater than standard deviation of the signal
5. modified zone differential method: similar to 4 with a priori chosen boundary value.
System Requirements:MATLAB 6.0 (R12)
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall