from Totally SmartIT.com
There are are a dozen or so chess games out there on the web, most of them use java applets. There lies the problem, they nearly all communicate using non-HTTP port 80 methods which usually means that if you're sitting behind a firewall (ie using the internet at work), they don't work.
This script works by client side with only a bit of server side work to enable 2 players to play. Instructions: - Standard chess rules apply
- Move the pieces by clicking on them and dragging them around the board
- You can communicate to your opponent using the message box but messages are only sent after you have made you move. You should use this to ask for a draw or to resign.
- The program only allows legal chess moves, pawns are automatically promoted to queens when they reach the 8th rank. The program does not check for checkmate
- You do not need to register to play this, I don't want to keep any of your details, just provide yourself with an alias when you sign up.
- You will need someone to play with (or see below) as this game allows two people to play over the net.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only