dhtmlxGrid Publisher's description
from Scand LLC
The component is easy-to-use and provides great flexibility due to its rich client-side API. dhtmlxGrid supports different datasources, including XML, JSON, CSV, JS array and HTML table. Since v1.6 grid data can be loaded from custom XML format.
dhtmlxGrid allows easy implementation of nice looking (managed through css or predefined skins) DHTML tables with rich in-cell editing, fixed multiline headers/footers, resizable, sortable and draggable columns, built-in filtering, searching and grouping capabilities.
Numerous event handlers let you add necessary interactivity to grid-based interfaces. Smart Rendering technology and built-in paging support allow this data grid to work effectively with huge datasets. Even better performance is reached due to non-liner buffering used in paging functionality (since v1.6).
Being 100% client-side solution and loading data dynamically through Ajax callbacks, dhtmlxGrid can be integrated with any server side technology (PHP, JSP, Ruby-on-Rails, ASP, ColdFusion and others) providing the possibility to automatically save and update data in database in real time without page reload.
Simple and comfortable grid interface supplemented with ability of keyboard navigation allows users to enter and modify tabular data intuitively. Extensible architecture of the grid allows you to use custom external component as cell editor, providing great opportunity to enrich grid functionality. For greater flexibility cell editors can be applied on per cell basis.
dhtmlxGrid supports merged cells, split mode, or frozen columns, and provides the ability to easily move grid columns (using drag-n-drop or script methods) and copy data to clipboard (in CSV format) with further pasting to MS Excel or any other application (try this right now in above live demo). The latest update (v1.6) removes some feature limitations for split mode, so now split grid supports all the advanced functionality including grouping, filtering and auto-calculated values in footer/header.
- Integration with HTML Form
- Built-in filtering, searching, grouping
- Auto-calculated values in footer/header
- Ready to use solution for big datasets
- Serialization to XML/SCV
- Loading from XML/CSV
- Working with clipboard
- Easy client-to-server comunication
- Support for including other grids as subgrids
- Resizable/movable columns
- Drag-and-drop rows/columns within grid
- Drag-and-drop in/from dhtmlxTree Pro
- Ability to create any editor or cell formating
- (using eXcell - eXtended cell object)
- Combobox, calendar, and more predefined eXcells
- Math Formulas for cells
- Different keyboard mappings
- Async mode loading support (AJAX)
- Easy styling with CSS or predefined skins
- Invisible data blocks for rows/entire grid (userdata)
- Client-side sorting (string, integer, date, custom)
- Server-side sorting ready
- Wide range of event handlers
- Detailed documentation
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only