File Downloader for Download Managers Publisher's description
from Aurigma Inc.
File Downloader is a unique mass download solution for your sites.
File Downloader is unique mass download solution for your sites. It enables end-users to download multiple files from your site with just few clicks.
They click a button integrated into your HTML page (ActiveX control), select the destination folder, and start download. Users can control the list of files to download, observe a progress of download process, and even skip certain files during download. When download completes, users can see a log file.
File Downloader has a range of features that can be appreciated at its true worth by creators of online file storage systems вЂ“ possibility to preserve folder structure, appearance customizability, localization support, rich client-side API, and others.
It can be used with any server platform, such as ASP.NET, PHP, ASP, and others.
Now you can forget about clumsy download solutions as ZIP files, standalone download applications, or (even worse) a set of links for each file. User-friendly mass download becomes reality, not a dream.
How Does It Work
Assume that you have online file gallery, and this gallery allows a user to mark files as favorite. The user may want to download all files from favorites. This is where File Downloader aids.
You put File Downloader to your HTML page. It looks like a common button. When the user clicks this button, File Downloader gets a list of files to download from your application.
The user selects a folder on its computer where to save files. After that the download begins and the user sees a progress bar. If necessary they can skip certain files. When download completes, the user can see the log and therefore they become aware if anything went wrong.
- Possibility for the users to select any folder on their computer.
- Download progress indicator (both for current file and entire download).
- Preservation of the folder structure of downloaded files (optional).
- Resolution of file name conflicts using the specified behaviorвЂ”rename, overwrite or skip filesвЂ”or displaying a selection dialog to the user.
- Possibility to skip files during download.
- Possibility to verify the download file list by the user.
- Possibility to see the log file of the download process.
- HTTP and HTTPS protocols support.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only