RationalPlan Publisher's description
from Stand By Soft Ltd
Multi project planning, Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt chart, allocate resources, estimate costs ...
RationalPlan is a powerful project management software designed to help both project managers and teams to create consistent project plans, allocate resources and analyze workload, track work progress, estimate projects' costs and manage budgets. Whether your applications are in the area of construction, engineering, services&consulting, software development or any other business field, RationalPlan can help you to complete your projects on time and within budget.
Key reasons for using RationalPlan:
* easily manage your company's projects and share resources between them (multi project version)
* get resources and finances under control (realistic cost estimates mechanisms, detailed cash-flow screening down to tasks and resources level)
* brings project's critical issues to your attention (overallocated resources, critical path with configurable slack from which activities become critical)
* track project evolution in terms of completion, time and costs
* "what if" scenarios capability is offered via multiple undo/redo levels allows you to make changes and safely get back
* provides a clean way to break down your project, build schedules, allocate resources and manage budgets
* provides a step by step project guide which walks you through the project management process so you can lay down a project plan immediately
RationalPlan is a great alternative to Microsoft Project with some extra-features like multi project management (only for Multi Project version). It offers you the most important capabilities of a good project management software while beeing able to operate on various platforms starting with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and all other Java enabled platforms.
We've build RationalPlan with ergonomy in mind: no fussing dialog windows will prompt unless strictly necessary, timescale zoom is a mouse-wheel roll away without having to reach for the dedicated icons (though the icons are also available) or you can shift to a different time frame by simply dragging the "focus area". A special "zoom focus point marker" was implemented to allow users to zoom without loosing the "interest area" from sight - the marker will fix the time point during the zoom actions.
Apart from the well known Gantt Chart view we also provide a separate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) view to help you focus on the very important task of breaking down the project rather than distracting your attention to other issues that would only come up at a later stage.
What's New in This Release:В· Added about information
В· Added Multi Project launch button on login page
В· Added role column on users page
В· Added online tutorial
В· Added automatic version update mechanism
В· Added late task filter for assignments
В· Bug fixes
System Requirements:В· Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 or higher
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall