DbForms Publisher's description
from Dirk Kraemer
DbForms enables developers to build sophisticated web-based database driven applications.
DbForms enables developers to build sophisticated web-based database driven applications in very short time and with very little efforts.
DbForms - applications are built in a manner conceptually similar to RAD - database building tools such as Microsoft Access (for Windows-based applications) or Sybase PowerSite (for web-based applications).
Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools in general, allow a user to place database components and action elements on templates which then get executed at runtime. As you will soon discover, dbForms uses these same techniques for its own framework.
An important benefit of using DbForms is its openness to other systems. You may use DbForms in conjunction with common JSP-pages, Struts-based pages, etc.
This means that you are free to use DbForms where it brings you the most benefits (dramatically reduce development efforts, etc.) and to use other techniques if you think that they offer a better solution.
Features:- Nested database forms (arbitrary deep nesting)
- Custom tag library for many kinds of data input- and presentation-widgets
- Custom tag library for many kinds of action-buttons (navigation, insert, delete, update, new, search, ...)
- Built in sorting support
- Built in searching support
- Built in row filtering support
- Built in Blob support
- Built in "Diskblob" support (substitution of a databases' BLOB capability by storing files on the file system instead)
- Automatic re-repopulating input fields
- Automatic updating of multiple rows with only 1 submit
- Styling tags
- Multi concurrent user support
- Complete flexibility, as all DbForms-views are just usual JSP files. No preprocessing, no dubious code generation. Just keep on using your favorite HTML/JSP editing tools!
- Security (support of role-based permission granting)
- Scalability (support of database connection pools, no (known) bottlenecks in DbForms architecture, no constraints on database- or table-size)
- Support for scripting independently from the custom tag library (through JSP TEIs)
- API for programming
- application hookups (database event listeners) to interoperate with virtual any other components (EJBs, Servlets, Struts applications, Legacy Systems, etc.) available to the web-application
- background database operations (transaction logs, etc)
- individual serverside (input-)data validators
- Configuration completely XML based ( tool for automatic generation of the XML configuration file)
- SWING based user interface for more efficient RAD!
- Pure Java, Open source
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only