MeshCMS Publisher's description
from Luciano Vernaschi
MeshCMS is an online editing system written in Java.
MeshCMS is an online editing system written in Java. It provides a set of features usually included in a CMS, but it uses a more traditional approach: pages are stored in regular HTML files and all additional features are file-based, without the need of a database.
MeshCMS has been thought as a quick tool to edit pages online, manage files and create some common components like menus, breadcrumbs, mail forms, image galleries and so on. It requires few resources: the default 64MB heap is enough to host a handful of sites.
Main features are:
- file-based - no database needed;
- easy to install - deploy meshcms.war and you're done (tested on Tomcat and Jetty);
- multi-site support - multiple sites can be served with a single installation on a single context;
- compatible with other editors - since it is file-based, you can edit your files with other programs if you want, then upload them as usual;
- cross-browser - tested with Internet Explorer and Firefox;
- wysiwyg editor included - uses TinyMCE;
- file manager with image thumbnails, file operations, clipboard, upload, download, unzip and other functions - can also be used from within the wysiwyg editor to select links and images;
- support for themes - uses SiteMesh as engine;
- support for modules to create commonly used components automatically - some module templates are provided (image gallery, mail form, download list, site map and others);
- tag library to create new themes easily - menus and other common components are created automatically;
System Requirements:В· server compatible with the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only