WebAPP Publisher's description
WebAPP is the most fully-featured, versatile, free and open-source, flat-file Perl portal script available today.
WebAPP is the most fully-featured, versatile, free and open-source, flat-file Perl portal script available today!
Acronym for Web Automated Perl Portal, WebAPP is easily installed on virtually any UNIX-based server. WebAPP requires no SQL backend, no PHP, only a hosting environment offering support for Perl.
Featuring the most complete (and growing) set of interactive community-building resources available, even an inexperienced webmaster can easily install WebAPP, login and personalize their portal, populate it with their content, and easily maintain, develop and administer the site.
Perhaps WebAPP's most distinquishing feature is it's overall usefulness in a wide variety of applications. It lends itself well to simple online communities for any number of members, family portals, sites for professional people, businesses and offices, ecommerce sites -- any application where easy, browser-based administration and extensive user interactivity is desired.
- Articles archive, with unlimited categories
- Forum, with unlimited categories and nested message boards
- Private Messaging, offering folder management and flexible user filing
- Who's Online, with quick links to IM and Profile info
- Memberlist, sortable with links to IM, Profile and Email
- Download and Link sections, with descriptions, list of latest entries and user rating
- Stats, offering extensive details regarding site and user demographics
- Site Administration, offering browser-based admin control of most site functions
- About, Contact and Help pages, fully integrated and easily customized
- Custom Welcome messages for both guests and registered members.
- Additional editable areas called Blocks can be created (or mothballed) as needed.
- Special attention given to site security and the latest HTML protocol compatibility.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only