Tappeto Magico Publisher's description
Tappeto Magico is a HTML preprocessor written in Perl optimized for generating a large scale website.
Tappeto Magico is a HTML preprocessor written in Perl optimized for generating a large scale website. (can be used also for small website) You can define a website in a project file or further define the website into sections.
You can also create a tag file and a definition file for consistent content. Tag and definition will be substituted according to priority.
Instead of like many other HTML processors that insert include files (something like header and footer files), Tappeto Magico use a mechanism that insert content into template. Which makes possible of REAL content and layout separation.
Template file can be made by text editor or WYSIWYG editor. With no_template option, you can still use the same tag and definition but without merging with a template file. It's good for the first page (if you've something like an introduction page with different layout) or a page with flash.
Tappeto Magico is designed to be simple to use, so you'll not need days to learn before actually using it. With user define input and output directories, multiple version of the same source files can be produced easily.
You can make different versions for different browsers, all you need to change is the template file, which is nearly a normal HTML file that you can also edit with WYSIWYG editor.
- use of template
- process updated files (you can choose all files as well)
- user define macros
- a website can be divided into sections with different template, etc.
- automatic retrieve image information
- date function
- project file define a website
- project is defined by directory(and subdirectories), no need to enter file names one by one
- environment variables are defined as definition
- insert content into template instead of using include files
- recursive substitution
- substitution priority
- sectional update
- define files that don't use template
- file size can be detected
- file alias
- directory structure will be duplicated
- user define input and output directories
- user define output extension
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only