SFEChat Publisher's description
SFEChat is a real-time chat cgi for the web.
SFEChat is a real-time chat cgi for the web. It lets you hold real-time conversations on a web page.
Users log in, and then can type what they'd like to say into a text box, and hit "Enter" or click a button. The chat window refreshes itself every 10 seconds or so (you can configure the time between refreshes), so that others looking at the page will be able to see the new addition to the conversation. (You can modify this refresh setting.)
- New admin functions: /kick (kick a user out of the chat until a full screen of text has gone by), /ban (ban a user and/or IP address from the chatroom, /unban (un-ban a user or IP so they can use the chatroom again). Use /adminhelp to see the full list of options.
- Registered Users: Users must register a chat room account and log in with their username/password. Makes it easier to /kick or /ban people. Admin can also add and delete registered users with /adduser and /deluser, or view registered users with /showusers.
- Temporary admins: Admin can designate other chat admins by using /op or /unop. Temporary admins can use /topic, /kick, /ban, /badword, /unbadword, /addicon, and /removeicon but not /op or /unop. Operator (temporary admin) status lasts until the admin uses /unop.
- Add "bad words" to chat: Admin can add or remove "bad words" from the chat censoring mechanism using /badword and /unbadword .
- Change the chat room topic: Admin can change the chatroom topic (displayed at the top of the page) with /topic . You can also configure it to allow all users to change the topic.
- Chat Logging: You can choose to log all your chat room activity to a transcript file. (or not!)
- Chat Censoring: You can set up a list of "bad words" and the program will filter them out of the chatroom.
- Private Messaging: Your users can send private messages to one another while in the chatroom.
- Online help: The /help option will only show up to the person who typed it and not clutter up the rest of the chat room.
- View Who's Online: You can see who's online before entering the chat room, and during a chat.
- Configurable Refresh Time: You can tell the program how often to refresh the chat screen. (Demo is set to 10 seconds.)
- Clear out old chats when the room is empty: You can configure the program to clear out the chatroom when no one is left logged in, or to leave all the old chats there.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only