Chat-N-Time Publisher's description
Chat-N-Time lets you hold real-time conversations on a web page.
Chat-N-Time is a simple Perl real-time chat cgi for the web.
It lets you hold real-time conversations on a web page. Users log in, and then can type what they'd like to say into a text box, and hit "Enter" or click a button.
The chat window refreshes itself every 10 seconds or so, so that others looking at the page will be able to see the new addition to the conversation. (You can modify this refresh setting.) This program requires the use of frames, though, so non-frame browsers won't be able to use it.
- Enable or Disable HTML for users: You can decide whether to allow chat room users to enter HTML code or not.
- Configure number of lines to show: You can decide how many lines of chat you want to display before the chatroom erases the oldest line from the screen.
- Chat Logging: You can choose to log all your chat room activity to a transcript file.
- Chat Censoring: You can set up a list of "bad words" and the program will filter them out of the chatroom.
- Private Messaging: Your users can send private messages to one another while in the chatroom.
- Online help: The /help option will only show up to the person who typed it and not clutter up the rest of the chat room.
- View Who's Online: You can see who's online before entering the chat room, and during a chat.
- Configurable Refresh Time: You can tell the program how often to refresh the chat screen.
- Clear out old chats when the room is empty: You can configure the program to clear out the chatroom when no one is left logged in, or to leave all the old chats there.
- User actions or "emotes": Users can type "/me runs away" and the chatroom will display "TheirLogin runs away" in a slightly different text mode.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only