aria2 for Download Managers Publisher's description
aria2 application is another utility for downloading files.
aria2 is a download utility with resuming and segmented downloading.
Supported protocols are HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent.
It also supports Metalink version 3.0. As of 0.10.0 aria2 supports chunk checksum in Metalink: it validates chunk checksums while downloading a file like BitTorrent. This gives safer and more reliable download experience.
- Command-line interface
- Download files through HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent
- HTTP Proxy support
- FTP through HTTP Proxy
- HTTP BASIC authentication support
- HTTP Proxy authentication support
- Segmented downloading
- Download speed throttling
- Upload speed throttling in BitTorrent
- Cookie support
- Load Cookies from file whose format is one used by Netscape and Mozilla.
- Run as a daemon process.
- Selective download in multi-file torrent/metalink
- BitTorrent Fast extension support
- Multi-tracker support
- Metalink version 3.0 support(HTTP/FTP/BitTorrent)
- Chunk checksum validation in Metalink
- Can disable segmented downloading in Metalink
- netrc support
- Configuration file support
- Download URIs found in a text file or stdin
- Parameterized URI support
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only