vpopmail for Email System Utilities Publisher's description
from Ken Jones
vpopmail provides you an easy way to manage virtual email domains.
vpopmail provides you an easy way to manage virtual email domains and non /etc/passwd email accounts on your qmail or Postfix mail servers.
- Support for 1 to 23 million virtual email domains using a "grow as it goes" balenced directory tree.
- Support for 1 to 23 million email users per domain using the same balenced tree structure.
- Automates all qmail configurations into handy and scriptable command line programs and documented API library calls.
- Automates Unix user/group/other permissioning of directories and files.
- Supports authenticated relay control of your qmail smtp server.
- Virtual email file/directories can be assigned to any user/group or do the default vpopmail/vchkpw 89/89.
- Does not require email user accounts in /etc/passwd
- Supports name or IP based virtual domains
- Configurable logging based on real world admin's comments and requirements.
- Support for Mysql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow LDAP, Sybase, and default cdb authentication storage.
- Delivers directly to Maildir for use with qmail-pop3d, .qmail files or any other Maildir program.
- No need to have hundreds of .qmail files for virtual domains. Each domain gets it's own directory under vpopmail user with a separate password file for each domain.
- Documented command line programs that can be used in scripts or for remote admin.
- Documented C library for all vpopmail features and transactions.
System Requirements:В· qmail
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only