SqWebMail for Email System Utilities Publisher's description
SqWebMail is the webmail module that's bundled with the Courier mail server.
SqWebMail is the webmail module that's bundled with the Courier mail server. SqWebMail can also be packaged separately, and used with any other mail server that uses maildirs. NOTE: SqWebMail DOES NOT support traditional Mailbox files, only Maildirs.
- SqWebMail is very fast, and light. It accesses maildirs directly, and does not use an IMAP server.
- Dynamically-generated HTML is stored in external files. Many (but not all) display elements can be customized without changing the program code.
- Hierarchical mail folders, and shared folders.
- Virtual accounts or system accounts. Virtual accounts may be managed via LDAP, MySQL, PostgresSQL, or flat files compiled into a GBDM/DB database.
- Address books.
- Extensive MIME support; defanged HTML mail; flowed text format; DSNs; and digests.
- Spell checking with ispell.
- Mail filtering with Maildrop.
- Encryption and digital signatures with GnuPG.
SqWebMail requires that either the GDBM or the DB library must be installed. Perl is also required. GNU make and gcc/egcs is also highly recommended. There have been intermittent reports of various problems with using other make utilities, or other compilers.
Chances are that everything will compile and install properly, though. Currently, some of the component libraries include some self-test code written in C . SqWebMail itself is written entirely in C, and the C components are not used; however you have to be able to compile C , for now.
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only