msmtp for Email System Utilities Publisher's description
from Martin Lambers
msmtp is an SMTP client.
msmtp is an SMTP client. In the default mode, it transmits a mail to an SMTP server (for example at a free mail provider) which does the delivery.
To use this program with your mail user agent (MUA) you must create a configuration file with your mail account(s) and tell your MUA to call msmtp instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail.
Features: - Sendmail compatible interface (command line options and exit codes).
- Authentication methods PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI, and NTLM.
- TLS/SSL both in SMTP-over-SSL mode and in STARTTLS mode. Full certificate trust checks can be performed. A client certificate can be sent.
- Fast SMTP implementation using command pipelining.
- Support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- DSN (Delivery Status Notification) support.
- RMQS (Remote Message Queue Starting) support (ETRN keyword).
- IPv6 support.
- Support for multiple accounts.
System Requirements:В· GnuTLS 1.2.0
В· OpenSSL 0.9.6
В· GNU SASL 0.2.4
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only