isync for Email System Utilities Publisher's description
from Oswald Buddenhagen
isync is a command line application which synchronizes mailboxes.
isync is a command line application which synchronizes mailboxes; currently Maildir and IMAP4 mailboxes are supported.
New messages, message deletions and flag changes can be propagated both ways. isync is suitable for use in IMAP-disconnected mode.
Synchronization is based on unique message identifiers (UIDs), so no identification conflicts can occur (as opposed to some other mail synchronizers).
Synchronization state is kept in one local text file per mailbox pair; multiple replicas of a mailbox can be maintained.
- Fine-grained selection of synchronization operations to perform
- Synchronizes single mailboxes or entire mailbox collections
- Partial mirrors possible: keep only the latest messages locally
- Trash functionality: backup messages before removing them
- IMAP features:
- Security: supports TLS/SSL via imaps: (port 993) and STARTTLS; CRAM-MD5 for authentication
- Supports NAMESPACE for simplified configuration
- Pipelining for maximum speed (currently only partially implemented)
isync should work fairly well with any IMAP4 compliant server; particularily efficient with those that support the UIDPLUS and LITERAL extensions.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only