s11n Publisher's description
from Stephan Beal
s11n is a project focused on the generic serialization of objects in the C programming language.
s11n (an abbreviation for serialization) is an Open Source project focused on the generic serialization of objects (i.e., object persistence) in the C programming language.
- Provides easy-to-use, easy-to-integrate, and low-maintenance interfaces for serializing a wide variety of C types.
- Serialization support can often be added to types without modifying those types, or them even being aware they are playing along.
- Out of the box it supports all STL containers (and workalikes), nested arbitrarily deep.
- Clients can easily extend it to support their own types using, often non-intrusively.
- It is data-format agnostic, meaning it doesn't internally care about any file formats. It is container-centric, not stream-centric. The provided i/o layer is just one potential solution to i/o, and the core library can be used with arbitrary client-side i/o mechanisms. The core inherently supports in-memory serialization, not requiring any i/o layer whatsoever (this is useful for serializing over a clipboard-like mechanism and for "casting via serialization").
- Comes with support for several different file formats, and add-ons can be written to provide further formats (e.g., sqlite3 databases).
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only