Quex Publisher's description
from Frank R. Schaefer
Quex is a tool to generate lexical analyzers.
Quex is a tool to generate lexical analyzers. A lexical analyzer is a program that transforms a stream of characters into a stream of 'atomic chunks of meaning', as shown in the figure below:
* Produces directly coded lexical analyzer, rather than table based engines.
* Sophisticated lexical analyzer modes which allow mode inheritance and mode transitions.
* Sophisticated buffer management which includes a free tell/seek based on character indices even with codings of where characters have dynamic size (e.g. UTF-8, UTF-16).
* Support for a large variety of international character encodings relying on established conversion libraries (IBM's ICU or GNU's IConv).
* Support for include stacks.
* Inherent token handling (queue or single token). Support for customized token types.
* Event handlers allow to trigger actions based on mode transitions, indentation events and other analyzis related events.
* Many examples are provided along with the software that demonstrate its usage.
What's New in This Release:В· bug fixes
В· direct memory access
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install Only