libsigc Publisher's description
from Martin Schulze
libsigc implements a typesafe callback system for standard C .
libsigc implements a typesafe callback system for standard C . It allows you to define signals and to connect those signals to any callback function, either global or a member function, regardless of whether it is static or virtual.
It also contains adaptor classes for connection of dissimilar callbacks and has an ease of use unmatched by other C callback libraries.
- Compile time typesafe callbacks (faster than run time checks)
- Typesafety violations report line number correctly with template names (no tracing template failures into headers)
- No compiler extensions or meta compilers required
- Proper handling of dynamic objects and signals (deleted objects will not cause seg faults)
- Extendable API at any level: signal, slot, connection and trackable
- Extensions do not require alteration of basic components
- User definable accumulators
- A variety of adaptors to change the callback signature: bind, hide, retype, compose and lambda call groups
- Various compilers and platforms are supported: gcc, cygwin, mingw32, MS .NET 2003, Sun Forte C , Compaq C , Intel C , IBM AIX, Tru64, IRIX MipsPro.
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only