bigFORTH Publisher's description
from Bernd Paysan
bigFORTH is a native code Forth.
bigFORTH is a native code Forth. It is available for Linux and Windows 2000/XP under GPL. The most striking feature is the graphical user interface MINOS (GUI in Forth) and the form editor Theseus (Theseus is still beta). These are the other features of bigFORTH:
- Powerful compiler: bigFORTH is a 32 bit system. The compiler generates optimized native code for the i386. You can create turnkey applications for sure. bigFORTH fully complies to ANS Forth.
- Versatile tools: multitasker; source-able decompiler; source level debugger (even using optimized macros) with single step and trace, as many breakpoints as you want; post mortem dump and return stack trace; Pentium-MMX-assembler/disassembler...
- Editor: multi-window editor for screen- and stream-files.
- Extensive libraries: extensive and comfortable file interface (with definitions for the most common Unix commands) ease work even on a big hard disk. System calls and linkage to dynamic libraries are supported. Printer support for listings and session protocols; fast and accurate FP-arithmetics, a "state of the art" memory management, that doesn't capitulate from complex memory structures, graphical user interface (MINOS GUI), object oriented Forth and more...
- Transparency: All sources, including kernel and target compiler in the standard distribution, give the Forth wizard everything they want.
- Modular Forth: bigFORTH is modulary. Separate compilation is possible, small applications are easy to create. Modules have no arbitrary limit in size.
System Requirements:C and C++
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install Only