PowUpload .NET control Publisher's description
from Element-IT Software
PowUpload .NET control is an ASP.Net file upload control that enables an ASP.NET application to capture and save files uploaded to the web server by a browser.
PowUpload is an ASP.Net file upload control that enables an ASP.NET application to capture and save files uploaded to the web server by a browser. PowUpload is fully compatible with the standard files upload protocol defined in RFC1867 for the HTML POST Form with the input type="file" tags.
PowUpload handles and stores the contents of the POST request to a file on the server hard disk rather than loading it into memory as the built-in ASP.NET upload support does. PowUpload provides rich server-side progress indicator that lets users to monitor the progress of their uploads.
File upload component PowUpload features:- Uploads up to 4 GB files (limited by IIS)(new in version 1.3) without in-memory caching of requests. This feature allows you to upload of large files to a server with the low load of RAM and to saved from вЂњSystem.OutOfMemoryExceptionвЂќ error.
- Provides rich progress and status information during the upload process.
- Includes free license of Flash multiple files upload control called MultiPowUpload 1.7.1
- Resumable upload (this requires client side solution. Contact with us for details). (new in version 1.3)
- 100% Server-side control. Does not require installation on the user computer.
- Compatible with any browser and OS on the user side.
- Compatible with SSL (HTTPS) and any kind of authentication.
- Unicode file names and form values support.
- Image size and type extraction functionality.
- Possibility to cancel an upload anytime with saving fully uploaded files. (new in version 1.3)
- Stores non file items of the form in own collection or in the built-in ASP.NET collection Request.Form.
- The Classes of the control has properties and methods with the same signature as in the built-in ASP.NET Request.Files collection. This gives you an opportunity to simply replace the built-in ASP.NET upload support with our one or use simultaneously the both.
- Fully Managed code and CLS compliant.
- Supports multiple files upload from multiple users at the same time.
- Upload speed limit. (new in version 1.3)
- Independent of httpRuntime maxRequestLength parameter.
- Allows to terminate connection any time or if too large file uploaded. (new in version 1.3)
- Access to uploaded Form variables and files while uploading. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes HttpHandler that allows to do any your custom actions while upload. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes sample of HttpHandler that directly saves files to SQL database. (new in version 1.3)
- Settings can be set in Web.Config or while runtime: common or for individual request. (new in version 1.3)
- Includes example of Progress bar without Page postbacks (AJAX technology)
- Example of extracting ZIP archives on server side. So clients can upload multiple files, folders and large folders structures.
- Easy installation with the help of setup.exe or by copying the Element-IT.PowUpload.dll file to the Bin folder of your application.
- Examples of use in C Sharp and VB.Net with a code behind or without.
- Includes an open source example of the file download feature without memory leak on the server.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only