SQLite COM Script Publisher's description
from ZmeY soft
SQLite COM is a fully functional in-process SQL database engine.
SQLite COM (or precisely SQLite2 COM) is a zero-configuration, in-process, SQL database engine which is implemented in a single DLL. It is a member of the newObjects ActiveX Pack1 Family and depends on the AXPack1 core DLL only.
The SQLite COM is based on the source code of the version 2.8.15 of the popular SQLite database engine. However SQLite COM contains not only the engine but also the COM interface to it and set of added features making it more convenient for Windows environments.
The key features in short
Because SQLite COM is based on a public domain source code the features specific to SQLite COM (not inherited from the SQLite original source code) are marked in the list below.
- The databases are single file - all tables, views, triggers and other DB objects are kept in a single file.
- No static configuration is needed. The application just opens a database, optionally adjusts the behavior of the interface and executes SQL queries over the opened database.
- Fairly good level of SQL92 support. Support for triggers, views, indices.
- Autorun ready. (SQLite COM specific) The library is compatible with the ALP autorun specification - can be used on-the-fly not without need of registration with the system.
- Common database file format on all the platforms. No matter where your application works - on a Pocket PC, on a desktop or on a smartphone the database file has the same format and can be copied without conversion between the platforms and used immediately.
- Transactions support. While nested transactions are not supported the one-level transactions can pack unlimited number of SQL statements.
- Faster than most of the other embedded databases.
- Active scripting compatible DB interface. (SQLite COM specific)
- Independent of ADO, Jet, OLEDB. No compatibility and version issues if the both DLL are with your application nothing else is needed.
- OLE Date/time types internal support. (SQLite COM specific) A set of DB functions provides text-to-date and reverse conversions, date based calculation and comparison.
- UTF-8 internal format. All the national characters are preserved in the database and there is no need to specify code pages!
- Supports: Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT4/2k/XP/2k3 and later, Windows CE 3.0/CE.NET 4.0 and later including Pocket PC and Smartphone.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only