Report Server Publisher's description
from RPT Software
Report Server is a web delivery system for Microsoft Access reports.
The RPT Software - Report Server product is a web delivery system for Microsoft Access reports. It enables you to easily build a web site in which a user can press a button and a report is created dynamically and returned to the user in a number of possible formats. Currently this software can produce Adobe PDF files, Rich Text Format, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Snapshot format and Microsoft Excel (raw data based on the query).
The RPT Software - Report Server product has a number of pieces involved to make the whole system work. Pieces include:
- ASP Pages (created by you the developer)
- ReportQ.DLL (part of our product)
- ReportQueue.MDB (part of our product)
- Reports.EXE (part of our product)
If we trace a typical report request the process would go like this: - User accesses a web site (written using Active Server pages). The site lets the user specify the Access report and any report criteria needed to produce the report. You as a developer have complete control over the look and feel of the web site.
- The user clicks a button or hyperlink which then calls the MakeReport() method from the ReportQ.DLL to produce the report.
- This report request is added as a new record in a table in ReportQueue.MDB.
- The Reports.EXE file is running continuously on the server (similar to a background service), when it sees a new report request it goes off and creates the report, using the report criteria and report format. When completed it marks the record in the ReportQueue.MDB complete and specifies the name of the report file to be displayed.
- The ReportQ.DLL MakeReport() method returns the name of the report file to the ASP code which then redirects the report to the user or displays a link to the user.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install Only