Blog Module (Scripts) Publisher's description
from Antonio Chagoury
Weblog (aka "blog") is arguably one of the most popular categories of applications on the Internet today.
Weblog (aka "blog") is arguably one of the most popular categories of applications on the Internet today. Naturally, this makes a Blog module a very important part of the DotNetNuke family of free BSD modules. The DotNetNukeВ® Blog is actually a collection of related modules which comprise all the working parts of a Blog. When you add the blog module to a page, you actually add all of them (which you can choose to delete or move). These presently include:
* Menu: List of blog related actions that a user can take, based on permissions (e.g. changing settings, adding a post, etc).
* Search: Utility for searching Blog content.
* Roll: List of blogs on the site (or in some logical grouping)
* Archive: Calendar indicating dates when blogs have been posted
* Posts: Display of the lists and content of the blogs.
What's New in This Release:General Code organization
* Converted project to .NET 3.5
* Converted solution to Visual Studio 2008
* Reorganized the project folder structure under components to reflect the namespaces
* Set the default namespace in the project and have everything work underneath that
* Separate the IMetaWeblog from IBlogger, IMoveableType, and IWordPress.
* Objects native to those formats were also moved to their own namespace. This avoids having WPCategoryInfo vs MetaWeblogCategoryInfo.
* Moved BlogPost.ashx.vb to the main namespace and it can now implement multiple protocols.
* Moved SqlDataProvider into the main project. There is no longer need for another DLL for the DAL
* Moved all external project stuff (scripts, manifest, build file) to their own directory.
* Implemented BlogModuleProvider.getItem for filling categories. This was needed to implement the multiple/hierarchical categories
* New RSS writer that includes additional (Blog proprietary) elements in the feed
* Added NANT support of 64 bit platforms
General Bug fixes, found but not documented in Gemini
* Implemented static methods in the controller classes. It saves having to create them all the time in code.
* New settings under Module Options for RSS
* Abstracted the Blog Settings. There is now a single class (BlogSettings) where the retrieval, defaulting, saving, and caching takes place.
* Switched the project to вЂ?option strict onвЂ™ (Why was this off to begin with? Yah, I knowвЂ¦ wasnвЂ™t me :-) I swear!)
* Fixed some non-localized texts
* Adjusted IActionable on several controls to make new controls accessible
* Resolved numerous XHTML issues (We are now 100% compliant вЂ“ Thanks Timo!)
* Introduced 'Save as draft' option when creating a blog entry
System Requirements:Minimum Required DNN Version: 4.06.02
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall