Species Explorer for Symbian Publisher's description
SPECIES EXPLORER MOBILE
Species Explorer lets you record wildlife sightings of any plant and animal and share your discoveries with users around the world!
SPECIES EXPLORER MOBILE
Species Explorer lets you record wildlife sightings of any plant and animal and share your discoveries with users around the world! The mobile application lets you browse and submit observations from anywhere you can use your mobile phone.
* Symbian Series 60 5th Edition device
* 360x640 display resolution
* Touchscreen input support
* Camera for adding optional photos
* Built-in GPS to add optional GPS location
Choose "Report" to submit a new sighting or "Browse" to see existing sightings. Buttons at the bottom of the screen offer Help, Options, and Exit.
Clicking Options lets you how to filter sightings searches: by date, number, and/or proximity. If GPS is connected, it will offer the option to use that lat/long position. Alternatively, you can enter an address which will be geocoded to the closest lat/long.
From the main menu, click Browse to connect to the Species Explorer web site and retrieve sightings according to the settings on the Options menu.
When the list of sightings is displayed, touch-slide list to scroll up/down.
If proximity is set on Options, the list is ordered by proximity to that location. Otherwise, list is sorted by most recent sightings at top.
Double-tap a list item to access details about that sighting. Touch-slide screen to scroll details information up/down.
The details screen shows information entered by the user for a specific sighting.
Tap photo (if available) to zoom/unzoom photo.
Tap "Show Map" button to load map of sighting location.
Report a New Sighting
Select "Report" from main menu to report a new animal/plant sighting.
You must enter login information to report a new sighting.
Note: If you wish to try the service out without registering, you may login using "guest" for both user name and password.
Tap "remember me" checkbox to have the application remember your login name for the next session.
On report screen, enter a title for your sighting (typically the name of the animal/plant) and optionally add a photo, location and notes:
* Tap "Take Photo" button to launch your cameraphone and take a picture. After taking the photo you can choose to accept/retake. After accepting photo it will be added to your other sighting information when you submit your sighting.
* If GPS is connected, you will be given the option to automatically add your lat/long location to the sighting.
* If GPS is not available, you are required to enter an address location, which will be geocoded into a lat/long.
* If your Species Explorer user account has Twitter enabled, you will be given the option to "tweet" your sighting to your Twitter feed.
When all your sighting information is complete, tap "Submit" to send the sighting to Species Explorer.
On any screen, click "Help" (? button) to access information relevant to that screen.
To find out more about Species Explorer, visit:
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall