MSDict Pocket Oxford Russian Dictionary (Symbian) Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
Called "the most complete and succinct" lexicon of its type by The Times Literary Supplement, The Pocket Oxford Russian Dictionary has long been a favorite of students, scholars, business people, and travelers.
Called "the most complete and succinct" lexicon of its type by The Times Literary Supplement, The Pocket Oxford Russian Dictionary has long been a favorite of students, scholars, business people, and travelers. Now this popular Second Edition is available in MSDict electronic format for mobile devices.
Also available - Audio Pocket Oxford Russian Dictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
Providing the most up-to-date coverage of general vocabulary in both languages, this handy resource offers the perfect companion for reading and conversation. No other pocket dictionary can match its outstanding features:
* More than 70,000 words and phrases;
* Emphasis on modern idioms and colloquial usage;
* Numerous illustrative examples of vocabulary in context;
* All common abbreviations and acronyms;
* Pronunciation in the International phonetic Alphabet;
* Guidance on constructions, complementation, and difficult points of grammar
The dictionary does not include Cyrillic localization software and you will need localization software installed separeately.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Pocket Oxford Russian Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall