MSDict Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary (Symbian) Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
With examples carefully selected by a large team of native speakers of English and Italian, the Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary clearly illustrates the full range of meanings and typical contexts of both languages.
With examples carefully selected by a large team of native speakers of English and Italian, the Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary clearly illustrates the full range of meanings and typical contexts of both languages. Offering wide-ranging coverage, this outstanding dictionary contains over 80,000 words and phrases, and over 100,000 translations, as well as guidance on key constructions, complementation, and difficult points of grammar. Featuring complete coverage of contemporary idiomatic Italian and English, both written and spoken, The Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary covers the vocabulary that students really need.
Also available - Audio Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Quick and Reliable Translation Help
The dictionary has been designed to meet the needs of students, tourists and all those who require quick and reliable answers to their translation questions. It provides clear guidance on selecting the most appropriate translation, illustrative examples to help with construction and usage, and precise information on grammar and style.
Focussing on everyday, idiomatic Italian and English, both spoken and written, this easy-to-use dictionary also offers generous treatment of business and computing vocabulary. Its up-to-the-minute coverage and wealth of accurate translations make it an ideal reference tool and study aid.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Pocket Oxford Italian Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall