MSDict Pocket Oxford English Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This is an electronic reissue of the ninth edition of the world's longest-established pocket English dictionary by Oxford University Press.
This is an electronic reissue of the ninth edition of the world's longest-established pocket English dictionary by Oxford University Press. It is one of the new generation Oxford dictionaries derived from the database of the highly acclaimed New Oxford Dictionary of English and is particularly user friendly with its elegant open design, with different elements starting on new lines. It offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples illustrate idiomatic usage. All irregular noun, verb, and adjectival inflections are spelled out in full, while guidance on grammar and good usage is provided by in-text notes. Additional features include Wordbuilder boxes giving information on related.
Also available - Audio Pocket Oxford English Dictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
The Key Features of Pocket Oxford English Dictionary
* Up-to-date and accessible information on the core vocabulary of current English
* Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
* Usage notes included, giving clear guidance on points of grammar and usage
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Pronunciation feature for any word that might cause difficulty
* Greater clarity into etymologies
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Pocket Oxford English Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall