MSDict Pocket Oxford-Duden German Dictionary (Symbian) Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
Combining the authority of the Oxford-Duden German Dictionary with quick-access layout
Combining the authority of the Oxford-Duden German Dictionary with quick-access layout, this easy-to-use dictionary is the ideal reference tool for all those requiring quick and reliable answers to their translation questions. Designed to meet the needs of a wide range of users from the student at intermediate level and above to the enthusiastic traveler and business professional, the Pocket Oxford-Duden German Dictionary is an invaluable practical resource for learners of modern, idiomatic German at the start of the twenty-first century.
Also available - Audio Pocket Oxford-Duden German Dictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
The key features of Pocket Oxford German Dictionary
* Compact and completely up-to-date information on the core vocabulary of the modern German and English
* Over 90,000 words and phrases, and over 115,000 translations
* Clear guidance on selecting the most appropriate translation
* Numerous examples to help with problems of usage and construction
* Precise information on grammar and style
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Pocket Oxford German Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall