MSDict Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary offers up-to-date coverage of essential day-to-day vocabulary with over 100,000 words, phrases, and translations.
The Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary offers up-to-date coverage of essential day-to-day vocabulary with over 100,000 words, phrases, and translations. The dictionary provides a handy and comprehensive reference work to tourists, students, and business people who require quick and reliable answers to their translation needs.
Also available - Audio Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
* Over 100,000 entries and translations
* Focuses on Brazilian Portuguese, with guidance on how European Portuguese is different
* Full pronunciation for every headword
* Clear signposting the meanings and context of words to indicate the most appropriate translation and use
Note that the audio recordings are just of English words and Portuguese audio is not included. The audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall