MSDict Concise Oxford Thesaurus for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word
This Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword. Over 365,000 alternative words cover everyday vocabulary as well as more unusual and specialist words, and there is clear labelling of informal, dialect, literary, and technical items. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases helping you to select the correct word, and opposites and related terms clearly marked.
In addition, over 400 boxed noun lists provide a wealth of information on a wide variety of subjects, from alloys and artists to wines and worms.
Also available - Audio Concise Oxford English Thesaurus, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Increase Your Word Power
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make your writing or speach more interesting
* Easy A-Z format
* Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
* Ideal for word games
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford Thesaurus is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall