MSDict Concise Oxford English Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world.
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. This reissue of the revised edition brings the tenth edition completely up to date by the addition of hundreds of new words and meanings taken from Oxford and apss renowned data collection program, with a special focus on fast-changing areas of the language such as new technology, e-commerce, fashion, and youth culture.
Also available - Audio Concise Oxford English Dictionary, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 50,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Over 240,000 Words and Phrases
* The clearest , most accurate definitions, based on the largest language research programme in the world
* Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
* Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
* Origin Section tracing the history of words
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall