MSDict Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus.
This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus. The Concise English Dictionary and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
Also available - Audio Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 50,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Increase Your Word Power
* Over 240,000 Words and Phrases
* Over 365,000 alternative and opposite words to make your writing or speach more interesting
* Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
* In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
* Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
* Origin Section tracing the history of words
* Easy A-Z format
* Hundreds of lists, from alloys and artists to worms and wines
The MSDict Dictionary Format
These Oxford dictionaries come in MSDict viewer format for mobile devices. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:Nokia N92
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall