MSDict Concise Oxford American Thesaurus for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
This thesaurus is an essential tool for everyone who needs to write quickly, clearly, and well.
This thesaurus is an essential tool for everyone who needs to write quickly, clearly, and well. A convenient and complete thesaurus for school, work, and home, The Concise Oxford American Thesaurus includes more than 15,000 main entries and over 350,000 synonyms, sample sentences and phrases for virtually every sense. Synonym Studies that show the subtle differences in meaning among a group of easily confused words are included, as well as the Oxford exclusive Language Guide, with information about grammar, usage, punctuation, frequently misspelled words, and much more.All Oxford American dictionaries use an easy-to-use respelling system to show how entries are pronounced. It uses simple, familiar markings to represent common American English sounds.
Also available - Audio Concise Oxford American Thesaurus, featuring the Oxford English audio database of 17,000 Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
Enrich Your Writing and Speech
* More than 350,000 synonyms and antonyms;
* Synonym Studies section included to give helpful guidance for practise usage ;
* Usage Notes that give helpful information on correct English.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Concise Oxford American Thesaurus is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Audio pronunciations (through additionally installed sound modules)
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Handy custom filters added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* History lists of visited words
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finnish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
The MSDict 5 Out Now - MSDict is Now Talking with the Oxford Voice
The new dictionary reader is speech enabled and powered by the extraordinary add-in Oxford sound module of 50,000 pre-recorded words that will allow you to listen and learn genuine English pronunciation.
* 50,000 audio word pronunciations to be used with any MSDict English monolingual dictionary or bilingual one with English
* high-quality recordings with British English pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
* the riches sound database available for mobiles
* accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
* full information on parts of speech and subsenses covered
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall