Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary for Symbian Publisher's description
from Mobile Systems, Inc.
The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary provides definitions for about 170,000 words, phrases and examples and is compiled to offer what learners need most in a dictionary
The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary provides definitions for about 170,000 words, phrases and examples and is compiled to offer what learners need most in a dictionary. The Second Edition offers new, up-to-date vocabulary (e.g. sex up, speed-dating, whiteboard), new 'mini-collocation' boxes, and new frequency information to highlight the most important words to learn. The new Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary gives you everything you need to learn English and pass exams!
Bang Up-to-date and Easy to Use
* References to over 170,000 words, phrases and examples explained in clear and natural English
* All the important new words that have come into the language (e.g. dirty bomb, lairy, 9/11, clickable)
* Over 200 'Common Learner Error' notes, based on the Cambridge Learner Corpus from Cambridge ESOL exams
* Only words from a defining vocabulary used to help make definitions easy to understand
* Over 90,000 examples, mainly full sentences, show you how English is used in context and help you write natural English.
* 25,000 collocations show the way words work together in English
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* Dynamic changing of font sizes
* Button allowing quick erase of the query field
* Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
MSDict 4 Out Now!What is New?
* Fullscreen support
* Page scrolling mode added
* Handy custom filteres added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fussy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
* Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
* Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall