BT Guard for Symbian Publisher's description
BT Guard is auto turn off tool for your mobile; secures the BT and saves battery
BT Guard is a security application that automatically switches your Bluetooth off. This saves your phone from BT attacks and unwanted Bluetooth connection requests. Now BT Guard is fully compatible with Series 60.5. Version 2.2 released 01.04.2009!
If you use Bluetooth on your mobile, then BT Guard application is created for you.
BT Guard secures your most vulnerable place in your mobile: the Bluetooth Connection. You define the time, after which your Bluetooth will be set to Off or On, Invisible. This saves your time for switching BT manually and secures your mobile.
Key Features of BT Guard v.2.2:
* BT Guard changes BT automatically after the defined period of time elapses
* The number of compatible mobile phones increased. Now the software is fully compatible with Symbian Series 60.5: Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, Nokia N97
* Bluetooth can be turned Off or set to Invisible Mode
* Application may ask for your permission, this setting is fully customizable (ask always, never, only when an active connection detected)
* When you are sending or receiving some data, the software can be set in that way that it will not ask to turn the Bluetooth off during the process of receiving or sending data.
* You can deactivate permission asking while data sending/receiving or when using a BT Headset
Who are the users of BT Guard?
BT Guard is used by the people who use their Bluetooth on mobile.
BT Guard is unbearable for:
* People working at office: you can hardly believe how many BT devices are there in and around your office, so be protected from any intrusion!
* Businessmen: in the business lounge somebody is searching with BT and may annoy you with connection requests.
* Users who exchange files using BT: after transfer completion you will not remember about your BT. BT Guard will do it for you!
* All Bluetooth Users
Even if you use Bluetooth not often, there is big probability that you forget to turn it off right after the file transfer. And here it goes: your mobile stays unprotected, visible for other Bluetooth devices. And your battery consumption is about two times higher.
BT Guard recommended settings
Settings of BT Guard depend much on the way you will be using the application.
Autostart feature: you can turn it on or off. It depend on your wish to autostart the software after the phone or manual turning the application on.
Setting Change BT after defines when the BT will be changed. Here you should think how long usually the BT connection of yours lasts. If you use your mobile mostly for uploading the software or exchanging smaller files like photos - you may set this setting value from 1 to 5 minutes. But if you use BT every day in your car BT-Kit, you should set the value to 30 min and more - depending on how long your usage lasts. Or, alternatively, you may define to set your BT to invisible after just a few minutes, this will secure your mobile but not affect the existing BT connection.
Setting Set BT to defines if the BT should be set to Off or to Invisible mode. Turning BT off will save your battery, but you will not be able to use your Bluetooth connection. If you turn BT to Invisible, it will make your phone invisible for other BT devices and you will be not be subjected to BT attacks or requests. When invisible, you will be able to use your BT as usually, except of receiving files.
Setting Ask defines if you like to be asked about the BT change or not. If you do not wish, the setting can be set to Never and you will not be annoyed with confirmations. The application can also always ask you, this setting is recommended when you use BT very often and can not predict when visible Bluetooth will be needed. For the most users we recommend to use the value вЂњWhen activeвЂќ. In this case you will be asked only if the active BT connection is identified. It means, you will not be interrupted by BT Guard when you are sending or receiving data via BT or using your BT-Hands free.
Setting When BT connected is meant as Active Connection Guard. If you do not want to be asked about the BT status changing during using a BT Headset you should set this option to No action. If you want to be asked after idle time passing you should set it to Perform action.
The trial version of the BT Guard software is limited for 10 days. The full version of the software is obtained by a license code provided upon purchase. The license code is based on the unique IMEI provided and the application can be used exclusively on the device it is licensed for. The license cannot be retrieved and applied to other devices.
Please make sure that the trial version of the BT Guard is installed on your phone and you like its performance. The Full Version will have exactly the same performance, so please try before you buy.
We do not grant any money back guarantee for the software you purchase.
What's New in This Release:New in BT Guard v.2.2:
* Now the Software is fully compatible with Series 60.5 mobile phones: Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, Nokia N97.
* All the bugs were fixed
When Bluetooth is off, your phone battery consumption will be reduced and the phone battery will last longer.
System Requirements:Series 60.3
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall